Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting Started

Well, I created my blog on Monday and it is now Friday and I have yet to post anything. Since my brain is already in weekend mode, I figured I would try to create my first ever blog. I already have several great topics in mind but I think I'll just stick with some general stuff for today.

I am headed to NC tonight to do Christmas in Lincolnton with my dad's side of the family. We always get together the weekend before Christmas to do our thing. We have been drawing names for the last few years but due to the economy, we decided to take our gift money and give it to those less fortunate. I believe we are giving it to my grandparent's church who gets gifts every year for needy children. I feel good about this and have been wanting to do it for several years so I'm glad we are finally getting the chance to help others.

I haven't much been in the Christmas spirit. I am sure that is due to a number of things from being in warm Florida, not having my own house to decorate, being away from my family and because Christmas always makes me miss my grandmother, Bebe, even more than normal. This was her holiday and she always made Christmas Christmas at our house. She threw the best parties, cooked the best meals, told the funniest stories and gave the best presents. I know I'm blessed to have had her for 23 years and not having to watch her truly "grow old" but I still selfishly wish I had more time with her. I'm sure there will be several posts about her in the future so I'll just leave it at that for now.

I will try to figure out how to work this site and hopefully have some more entertaining stories for you next time but until then...salute!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Ty! I look forward to reading all your stories!
    Love ya and can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add you to my bloglist. I haven't posted in a few weeks, but it is a nice way to vent ideas. I'm working on my one about Philip's new shenanigans. Love ya. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a good chance this blog will suck a lot less than mine.

    ReplyDelete