Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas and such

I made it back to NC on Tuesday without any major glitches other than feeling like crap. The doctor confirmed my sinus infection but nothing could help me on the flight. My mom and sis picked me up from the airport and we did some shopping in Jacksonville before heading to Morehead. That night, Preston steamed oysters at the house and he and I managed to put down about 2 1/2 pecks...they were soooo good! Oysters are one of our newer holiday traditions and I hope they continue forever. Wednesday was spent wrapping presents and finishing the truly last minute shopping.


Being the child of divorce has its frustrating moments, but we seem to have the holidays down to a science. The weekend before Christmas is always spent with my dad's family, Christmas Eve is at my dad's and Christmas Day is at my mom's. I hate to see what happens if I ever actually meet someone...here's hoping their parent's are still together or I'll be able to make a movie myself! Both Christmases were really great and it was nice to be with the family. Christmas night holds another Carteret Co. tradition which is hitting the Beach Tavern (BT's) to see everyone who is home. This year we went to O'Malley's first and I got to see one of the biggest bar fights I've ever seen in my life. It was crazy and let's just say I think that will be my first and last trip to that place!! We went to BT's afterwards and there really were not a lot of people there. I have been there in the past when you could barely walk in the place but I guess that is a sign of getting older. Most people my age are married and starting families so the bar isn't really where they want to be on Christmas night.


Friday night we had our annual Christmas dinner with the friends. We ate at Ruddy Duck's and then headed over to Jack's for a few drinks. It was a really nice night and my $15 bar tab was even better. That is one thing I love about going home...you can hardly get 1 drink in West Palm for $15! Missy and I decided to head over to Cool Fish afterwards because Missy was craving sushi. That place was dead but she got her sushi and I got some pizza to cap off the night. I flew back to West Palm on Sat night and Dana and I went up to the Yard House to grab dinner and catch up on all that had happened since I'd been gone.


We are throwing a NYE party this year at Dana's clubhouse. Well, I should say she is really throwing it but my name is on the invitation since I live there, too! We are thinking about 100 people are going to be there so it should be a blast. I just found out last night that Ashley and Jennifer are driving down from NC tonight to be here for NYE and Ashley's b-day on the 2nd. I am so excited!! My ex is going to be there too so it will be the first time we have seen or spoken to each other in over 2 months. I'm hoping he will be nice and things will go smoothly but you never know with him. At least there will be plenty of other people there so we can tactfully avoid each other if we need to that night!


Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!! I'm sure there will be more good stories after the festivities this week :)

3 comments:

  1. ty
    hey this is leigh anna....
    i'm so excited that you too have entered the blogging world
    its addictive (to me atleast)
    looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog! :)

    glad you had a great christmas
    and a safe trip to and from home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you health and happiness in 2009!! Happy New Year! Love ya and miss ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tydie - Guess Who?? I like your blog. Christmas was good. Yes, Bebe's favorite. Can't you just see her in the kitchen cooking, drinking her vodka tonic and humming "Joy to the World." Loved the Christmas picture on your blog. That was a pretty good one of our family wasn't it? Hope your NYE party was great. Lenny and I went to the Island Grill and straight home so as to avoid the sobriety checks. Of course we did not get drunk but you don't want to get stopped at one of those things even if you've only had a couple of glasses of wine. Then we went out to a neighbors house and had a few drinks. Today is an alcohol free day. Later...AP

    ReplyDelete