Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Slacking!

I know, I know...I've been slacking big time! Well, it's harder than I thought to find time to update this thing. Guess I need to bring you back to New Year's. Ashley and Jennifer drove all night and got here about 5 a.m. on NYE. We had the party at our clubhouse that night and about 50 people showed up to it. We had more food than you could possibly need, a dj booth which Carlos and his brother manned semi-well, and plenty of alcohol. We managed to get someone to bartend too so that worked out well. I certainly had a blast and from what I've heard so did everyone else. We partied until about 4, cleaned some and then headed to Dana's and tried to play Guitar Hero until no one could keep their eyes open any longer.

I'm not sure I'm ready to open up about the ex on here, yet. Let's just say he was there, at first it was awkward, then we talked and I got a NYE kiss. I'm not sure it was exactly the way I was supposed to start off the New Year but I did have a really good night. I don't know what is going to happen with him but I am not putting my life on hold while he figures things out. Hopefully Mr. Right is just around the corner and he will find me sooner than later!

I dragged Jennifer and Ashley to every bar, restaurant, beach, etc. that I could think of while they were here. We hit Key Lime House on Thursday for reggae on the water and a somewhat chill night. Friday was Ashley's birthday so we headed over to Palm Beach. I have to admit that I think this was only the 3rd or 4th time I had crossed the bridge to Palm Beach. I didn't even know if we could actually go to the beach there (but found out you can). We drove around and checked out the mansions and all the people who are obviously not touched by the recession. Then we hit the beach and walked for awhile and acted like tourists. We even managed to almost get let into a house party there but decided they would soon figure out we were not where we belonged! We ended up at the Tiki Bar for a few drinks before heading home to get ready for our night out.

We took Ashley for dinner, drinks and then dancing. I think she had a good time if walking around without her shoes on in the bar is any indication. We ended the night at one of my favorite places, Bradley's. I have not been there since I moved back but it used to be our favorite weekend spot. They knew us by name and it was always packed. Things have certainly changed since I left but the manager still remembered me and still gave us free shots so I can't complain! I think we all woke up Saturday hating life a little and then hated it even more when we realized Ash and Jenn were leaving and I had ever so stupidly planned a dinner party that night for the holidays. Let's just say I didn't make it to the grocery store until 5 and dinner was not ready until 9 but that is that great thing about living in S. Florida...the Spanish people never complain about eating late!

I managed to throw together 2 lasagnas and although only about 8 people said they were going to come, 20 people ended up showing up. I was glad I didn't listen to Carlos and only cook 1! We did Dirty Santa which was fun with the gag gifts and then just played games the rest of the night. As tired as I was, it turned into another late night so Sunday was spent doing absolutely nothing but sitting on the couch with Dana watching tv and recuperating. Monday it was back to work and I don't think there were many people in the building...or probably most places...that wanted to be there. I will fill you in on the rest of the week...Gator game, softball, Rich's birthday and champagne and massages next time. What can I say, I am a busy girl and if I slack, there is just way too much to catch up on...until then, salute (or for Dana's sake salud)!

1 comment:

  1. I want the update on "the ex". Feel free to blog or email:)

    ReplyDelete