Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love...or whatever you want to call it

I have been thinking a lot about love lately. I am sure it has a lot to do with most of my close friends and family getting engaged and married recently. I have never had much luck in love. I think the biggest problem is my choice in men (and I use the term men loosely for some of them). I will be the first to admit that I do not always (maybe ever is a better word) pick the best guys to date. I can't say they all are the same type either...other than being wrong for me. Sometimes I feel like I am such a smart person but so stupid when it comes to love. And now that I'm in my late 20's, I can't say that I haven't begun to wonder if there really is anybody out there that's worth it for me.

I'm not saying I want to get married right now or that I think I'm running out of time or anything. I guess I'm just not confident in myself that I will actually allow myself to find someone worthwhile. I would rather try to fit all the people who really aren't right for me into that place instead of being strong enough to walk away. I have learned that I tend to stick with people until they leave me even when the flashing red lights are going off telling me that he is not the right one. I have a history of staying in touch with most of my ex-boyfriends...and falling back on them when I need some attention. It's like I know exactly what my problems are but I won't do anything to fix them. Didn't someone say that being insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time?? Well, it's official...I am INSANE!!

I don't understand how it is possible to love someone when they obviously don't love you. I know it happens all the time...just look at the divorce rate these days. It just makes me angry to realize that love is not enough. It doesn't matter how much you put yourself out there, how open you are, how honest you are, how much you care. People will just take what they can get from you, offer nothing in return, walk away and leave you feeling lonely, heart broken and confused. I quite frankly am tired of it. I am tired of putting it all out there and getting nothing in return. Again, I realize this is my fault because I somehow choose these people to fall in love with. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find a good guy out there.

I know everyone is going to say "you're still young" "when the time is right" "there are good ones out there" "just be patient", etc. I have heard (and even said) all of this before and I didn't say I was giving up on the possibility. I am just venting my frustrations which I know some of you share. I'm hoping I will reread this post and finally have the guts to leave my past in the past and move forward. I hope I will gain the strength to walk away from the wrong people. I hope that I will realize I deserve so much more than what I accept from people. And most importantly, I hope that I will keep myself open to the possibility that there is someone out there who is right for me, who will make me read this again and laugh, who will make all the hurt and disappointment disappear and who will love me the same way that I love them. He is out there, right??

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ty, he is!!!
    I love reading your blog!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of us do silly things, and we often do the same silly things over and over again. Without them we wouldn't learn from our mistakes. In order to make better judgements about who or what we want in life, we must know what we DON'T want first. Virginia told me recently that it's like try-outs and some people just don't make the cut.

    Like sports in middleschool, we had the A team and B team. We all want our perfect guy to be on the "A team", but some guys might just play on the "B team".

    Then they'll either 1) move to the "A team" and be "the one" , 2) stay on the "B team" and you're happy with that, or 3) the coach kicks them off b/c they really suck.

    The "A team" man that you deserve is out there, maybe he's just sitting the bench 'til you're ready for him.

    This analogy should be published somewhere for guys:) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty, I just came across your blog! I hope things are going well for you although it doesn't sound like the guy situation is going all that well. As for me, I think you are a great person, you always have been...Any guy will be lucky to have you in their lives, they just have to be smart enough to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a habbit of picking the wrong guys too!
    they weren't bad....they were just not right for me!
    most of my problem was that i wanted so much to be in control of everything...and i didn't want to give up on whatever it was that i knew wasn't right.....
    so...i would find myself trying too hard, when there was no point....

    love this post!

    ReplyDelete