Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Survived!

Well, I had the 5k last Saturday and I managed to survive. We got a cold front late Friday night so it was about 45 degrees that morning with wind of 15mph on the water. I managed to overcome 3 of my least favorite things...waking up early, the cold and running...all in one outing! I was very nervous considering I was so sore early in the week and my calves were killing me when I tried to run on the Thurs before. But, everything went pretty smoothly...I only walked twice and not for long. I finished in 35 mins and 30 secs but realized yesterday that I started pretty far back in the pack so my time was probably a min or so less than that.

Obviously, my pace was not fast but I finished and it felt so good when I crossed the finish line. I will say I thought I was going to throw up for the last 2 mins of it but I didn't. It was a nice feeling to have actually put my mind to something and accomplish it...especially something that was not easy for me. Although I have been going to the gym, I am no where close to being a runner and it took a lot out of me. I even turned around and did the walk right after with my old coworkers from Deloitte. Needless to say, my legs felt like jell-o by noon time!

Of course, I met up with Dana and Carlos for mimosas at Bradley's afterwards. Hey, I deserved a little prize for myself! I had even played softball the night before and got 2 hits and made 2 good plays and did not drink any beer with my team in the parking lot afterwards. :) Saturday night, Dana and I had a dinner party for our friend Stephanie who is getting married in Feb. It was a nice low-key night with the girls. Sunday we went to watch the championship soccer game...Carlos's team did not win but it was a good game. I came back and baked for 3 hours for the Super Bowl party. I decided to actually make desserts instead of buying them and was surprised to find I have more of my mom and grandmother in me than I thought. I also made a taco dip and let's just say that I didn't return home with a thing! Dana said she was even thinking about the cake I made at work yesterday...lol! We watched the Super Bowl over at Dana's brother-in-law's. There was a ton of food and it was a good time.

Otherwise, that's about all to report. I was glad to get back in the gym yesterday and not have to run 3.1 miles. Though I have decided that I need to incorporate running into my workouts since it is so hard on me and hopefully I can improve for next year. I can't believe I'm even thinking about running again next year! No pain, no gain...right?

2 comments:

  1. Yay Ty!!! I'm so proud of you, really:) Sounds like it's all falling into place. I can't wait to see you on the 20th. Hope you're having a great week. Love ya, ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Ty!!! I am so proud!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete