Thursday, February 26, 2009

Catching up

Well, if you couldn’t tell, the ex and I had a bit of a falling out. Actually, it was more of a he stopped talking to me thing than a falling out but the results were the same. One week he wants to be with me and the next he doesn’t so I have stopped trying to figure him out and am closing the door once and for all. I know he is never going to completely shut it so I have to be the one who quits letting him back in over and over again. So I decided to turn all of the negative energy into positive energy and focus on myself for a change.

I setup an appointment with the nutritionist here at work and worked out a plan with her for the next few months to lose the rest of this weight. I am 18 lbs lighter these days so I’m getting there slowly but surely. I want to make this a life change not just a right now change so that’s why I enlisted her help. She also set me up with another lady at work who is like a social worker/life coach. I went to see her on Monday and although I was a little hesitant at first, I really started to open up to her and talk about my issues. I know this probably sounds like I’m getting on the crazy train but I couldn’t see where this would hurt and was hoping that it might help me stop making the same mistakes. Drinking was of course brought up so I’m interested to see where that conversation goes over the course of talking to her.

Otherwise, things have just been a little crazy around here. The weekend of Feb 7th we went out for Carlos’s birthday. I think everyone had a good time but me and of course that was because the ex was there. I know, another reason I need to move on…I’m the only one not having fun. The following weekend we went out on Friday night for Stephanie’s bachelorette party. I think everyone had a great time that night. I certainly did and was glad we left “early” because we were already dancing on the speakers like crazy women. Saturday I hung out with my buddy, Erick, and went down to the Garlic Festival in Delray Beach. It was a very interesting day and we had everything from garlic dip to garlic shrimp to garlic ice cream. It was a good thing neither of us had Valentine’s dates!! It was his brother’s birthday that night so we went and met him and a bunch of people downtown. That was another fun and crazy night and I felt like the old me for the first time in awhile.

Last weekend, the girls headed to NC for Nikki’s 30th birthday and her wedding shower. We met a cool guy on the plane who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. He is a restaurant developer and seemed very down to earth and fun. We got his card so hopefully we can hang out with him again sometime soon. Friday night we went straight to Tony’s to celebrate Nikki’s birthday. It was a mini-reunion in there with all the guys I used to hang with who work there…plus, we got a very nice hook up! I think Nikki had a great time and we gave all the cougars some free dancing lessons. Saturday we had her shower at her sister’s and then Saturday night we went downtown in Raleigh. She was in rare form as was most of everyone else. I was on my best behavior both nights so nothing crazy to report from me!

Now, I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. It’s Thursday and I’m still exhausted! I am anxiously looking forward to a weekend full of nothing. Though I do have a work happy hour tomorrow, followed by softball so I’m not sure if that counts as nothing or not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment